What I Hate About Holidays

As you all know, March Break is coming up really soon. YAY, right? No, not right. Well - kind of right. Sort of. 

Don't get me wrong - I love March Break. How could I not? Sleeping in, little/no homework and staying in your PJs all day long. How awesome is that? But the price of it all certainly isn't. 

Every time there's a holiday, teachers pile up the homework and assignments and make them all due right before the break, because they all say that they don't want to give us homework during the break. I really do appreciate this, but what I do not appreciate is the fact that I now have:

  • a chemistry test
  • a Careers presentation
  • a Careers project with multiple parts
  • a 1-page-long poem, single spaced
  • a French test
  • a French presentation
  • a History debate
  • a mini-essay for Saturday language school
  • some other minor pieces of homework
all due before the break.

Yeah, you read that right. And this doesn't just happen every March Break, it also happens before Christmas Break, the end of the school year and right before report cards are due. Do you know how annoying that is?? It's like the homework is saying "If you wanna get to March Break you're gonna have to get through us first."

But is that really necessary?? I mean, couldn't the teachers spread the assignments out a little more so that we wouldn't have a mountain of assignments to work through? Is that too much to ask for?? It is stressful, and it means that we have to sacrifice even more precious sleep. 
Sleep? Yes, I have a vague recollection of what that was like.
So now I have a ginormous pile on my desk, and it is all the subjects in which I have an assignment due, at the latest, in about 1 week's time. This stack of homework is possible because I'm in IB, which already means a larger-than-normal workload, the teachers love piling everything up last-minute, and to top it all off, I go to a non-semestered school, which means I take all 8 subjects the whole school year. How great for me, right?!

Stupid, stupid school. Stupid, stupid homework. Go and die. 

kill it with fire


From the very frustrated and pissed off
post signature

2 comments

PurpleMist. 3/02/2014 10:35 AM

A lot of my friends did IB, so I can see where you're coming from :/
Good luckkk!

*Lyn* 3/02/2014 8:43 PM

Thanks :)

Post a Comment