Plastic Surgery to Look Like Jennifer Lawrence?

I think this is a bit extreme.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woman spends $25,000 on cosmetic surgeries to resemble Jennifer Lawrence

ANDREW RYAN
The Globe and Mail

Just how far will the average person go to look like his or her favourite celebrity?

Or more to the point, how much will they spend?

In the case of a young Texas woman named Kitty (not her real name), the price tag was $25,000 (U.S.), which she happily dropped toward the bizarre goal of resembling Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence.

So why take such extreme measures? In the pre-op interview, Kitty said, “I can appreciate that her personality is spunky and fun. I can appreciate that her body is banging.”

A big part of the inspiration, claimed Kitty, was that friends and strangers alike kept telling her how much she already looks like Lawrence.

Said Kitty: “I’m not trying to look like Pamela Anderson during her Baywatch days. I’m trying to look like a very capable, very personal level-headed female who is an Academy Award winner.”

Yep, that sounds like ample rationale to go under the knife.

Kitty also allowed that, as a mother, she wanted to get back her post-baby body.

“The reason why I decided to get surgery is because post having my daughter, I wasn’t quite as comfortable with my body,” she said on Nightline. “I don’t think you have to be crazy to want to look better or feel better about yourself. That’s not crazy.”

The Nightline segment tracked Kitty’s four weeks of surgery that took place in February at the First Surgical Hospital in Houston and cost her approximately $25,000 (that figure was already minus the discount deducted by plastic surgeons for the publicity).

In brisk succession, Kitty had liposuction performed on her face and body, a breast augmentation, rhinoplasty and fat grafts to her cheeks and buttocks.

All told, the procedures took an estimated six hours on the table, which was followed by several weeks of recovery for Kitty.

Kitty’s surgeon, Dr. Franklin Rose, said that he routinely tracks the mental well-being of patients who request celebrity lookalike makeovers.

“You can tell very quickly, within a matter of a minute, if the patient is well-adjusted or not well-adjusted for whatever the procedure they might present,” Dr. Rose told Nightline.

Dr. Rose also said that he’s seen a growing number of women requesting famous-people makeovers.

“Patients come in wanting to have lips like Angelina Jolie, breasts like Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox,” he said.

But in Kitty’s case, all she wanted was to look like the star of American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook. The post-op tension was sustained throughout the Nightline segment right up to the moment of the big unveiling.

Kitty didn’t actually look a whole lot like Jennifer Lawrence, but she seemed more than happy with the results, which only shows that celebrity makeover beauty is more in the eye of the subject than the beholder.

The more shocking reveal: Kitty admitted that the money she had spent was originally intended to start a college fund for her daughter.

“Basically the money that I had for this was money that I had saved from a previous job,” rationalized Kitty. “So it was sort of a ‘me fund.’ My child’s only 5 and I’m still just barely 30, so I still feel it’s naivete, but I still have some time to rack up some money to help her when the time comes.”

Hello, Kitty, that time already came and went.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I love Jennifer Lawrence. She's funny, beautiful, and an amazing actress. But for me, to have your entire body completely remade to look like someone else's, no matter whose it is, is not right. And just a little bit creepy.

No one is perfect. Everyone has their own imperfections, and while I don't think I'll be loving my imperfections anytime soon, I would not go as far as to remodel my body to resemble someone else's. I think that that is disrespectful to my own body.

Of course, this is just my own personal opinion, and I respect that other people may have a different view on this subject. Feel free to disagree with me, but no hating please :)

Also, THIS SONG IS AMAZING!! :D


Bye bye :)
post signature

2 comments

Tropical Colours 3/31/2014 8:48 PM

I agree with you!
However there are some people who would feel more comfortable with themselves if they changed. Well as long as they remain healthy and happy, then I guess there's nothing wrong with it, right? haha

http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

*Lyn* 3/31/2014 9:26 PM

Yes, I guess I should have been more clear. I disagree with completely remaking your body to look like someone else's to the point where it is unrecognizable as your own. I just don't think that it's very respectful to your own body.

But I also think that in some situations, having plastic surgery would make a lot of sense. I can also see why someone would want to change their appearance a bit. And of course, if someone wants to have plastic surgery, it's completely their own decision.

I guess this was a bit longer than you expected a reply to be, but I just wanted to clarify :)

Thanks for your comment! :D

Post a Comment